ABS Plastic Injection Molded Forklift Steering Column Cover
At Southwest Quality Molding, we can produce complex injection molded parts from ABS plastics. This component is made of 103 grams of high impact ABS to complete this steering column cover.
The steering column cover measures 264 mm in length, 117 mm in width, 2.5 mm thick and is produced on a 230 ton Van Dorn injection molding machine. We excel at developing innovative solutions to complex insert molding, overmolding, and coring challenges, while always minimizing costs without sacrificing part quality.
Dimensional and visual inspections were performed to verify conformance to all customer specifications. We can perform inspections and testing, in accordance with all major industry standards and customer specific requirements. For additional information regarding this custom ABS injection molding project, see the table below, or contact us directly.
ABS Plastic Injection Molded Forklift Steering Column Cover Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Cover, Lower FR.
- Product Description
- Forklift Steering Column Cover
- Process Type
- Custom Injection Molding
- Equipment used to manufacture part
- 230 ton Van Dorn Injection Molding Machine
- Over-all Part Dimensions
- 117mm width x 264mm length x 2.5mm thick
- ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene)
- Plastic Characteristics
- High Impact
- In process testing/ inspection preformed
- Dimensional Inspection; Visual Inspection
- Part Weight
- 103 grams
- Industry for use
- Customer supplied specifications
- The Lower FR. Cover one of many covers manufactured for a Large OEM Forklift Corporation. The part is assembled to the Forklift to cover the electronics and steering column. It is made from a high impact ABS for durability.